1 package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons oil
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1. In a large bowl, combine yeast and water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add salt, sugar, and oil.
2. Add flour and whole-wheat flour.
3. Mix to blend in mixer with dough hook or regular beater. Stir in up to 3/4 cup more flour to form a soft dough.
4. Knead 10 minutes with dough hook. Turn out onto floured board and knead 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Place in oiled bowl; turn dough to oil top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).
6. Roll each half of dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly-floured surface.