2½ cups crushed graham crackers
½ cup toasted almond meal
6 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
1⁄4 cup pitted, chopped dates
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon each lemon zest and orange zest
3 tablespoons water
1 12-ounce package extra-firm tofu
2⁄3 cup apple juice
1 banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 mango, peeled and chopped
Fresh currants and/or small berries, optional
1. Use a nongreased 7-inch springform pan. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, almonds, and melted margarine in a bowl. Press the mixture into the base of a nonstick pan.
2. Put the chopped dates, lemon juice, lemon and orange zests, and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes until the dates are soft; then
vigorously mash them with a fork.
3. Place the mixture in a blender or food processor with the tofu, apple juice, mashed banana, and vanilla
extract, and process until the mixture is a thick, smooth purée.
4. Pour the tofu purée into a prepared graham cracker crumb base.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, until lightly golden in color. Cool in the pan, then chill thoroughly before serving.
6. Place the chopped mango in a blender and process until smooth. Serve it as a sauce with the chilled cheesecake. Optional: top with currants and/or small berries.